Friday, August 1, 2014

Getting started








Well,

Let's get started!!!!I have been wanting to start this blog since I got to China, I even went so far as to start in on my phone but then my phone OS crashed this week and deleted all my notes so as there is no time like the present I chose to get started today!


Where to start hmmm... well I think it will be where and why I decided to become a vagabond.
Basically I've been waiting my whole life to do this, since I was in High school I have been trying to get into a career where I could travel the world and meet new people and have amazing adventures.
You just have to look at my favorite male characters to see this
 
... era sempre a mesma. “Quando é que ‘Indiana Jones’ regressaJamesBond.jpgI was stuck in a job I hated and just about ready to end my existence when I got a life line call from China from my best friend.
After listening to me and calming me down, waiting for the hysterical tears to pass he said to me, "Boet, come to China."

I had to look inside and decide if I was ready, after much soul searching and conversations with my two closest friends at the time Magda and Jacque I decided to resign, sell everything and do my TEFL.

Six months later and I was in China, I still sometimes cannot believe it actually happened but there was much prayer and help from many amazing people like Sonja and Samantha it has become my reality and for that I am forever grateful.

I have had a few adventures already but I am prepared for many more and I hope to share them with you, the good and the bad if you'll let me.

Laters people
G

No comments:

Post a Comment