Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hey Guys and Gals

Since I finished the introduction I thought that I would talk next about how I actually got here first.
Being the person I am, I cannot help but put things in order, and just in case anyone who is considering teaching overseas reads this, maybe my experience will help them

Sample Study SessionsFirst thing I had to do was quit my job, I had been working in Hospitality mostly since I was 16 and anyone who works in that will tell you it is a hard and thankless job with hardly any spare time. Since I needed to do my TEFL course I needed as much free time as possible.

Now I had saved up around R30 000 so I felt confident this would be enough considering the time frame I was given by my friend in China. I also had to find a buyer for my car which luckily I did straight away. Then I had to get down to the actual studying.

International Day Against Police Brutality: Say no to the police stateNow my suggestion for anyone else is to do certain things while you are studying, this will relate to South Africans since that is where I am from. First thing is apply for numerous jobs in the country you wish to teach in asap, also apply for a police clearance as it takes ages and is valid for 6 months.
I did not do the police thing till a few months later and it was a serious problem for me.


The actual TEFL course was not very hard for me but it must be approached seriously, my goal was to finish it in no more than two weeks, which is very possible. I did it in around 12 days having one day break but basically doing three modules and their tests every day. I used www.teflonline.net for my course and it was affordable and genuine

Once that was done I said good bye to my car and friends in Mkuze and hopped on a bus for Johannesburg, this is where the Chinese consulate is and I needed to get my visa. I also had an offer of work being a karaoke dj from an old friend of mine.
Visit Franksdermatomyositisjournalblogspotcouk

All things were going smoothly and I thought this was a sign of things to come, how wrong I was, but more on that next time

G

No comments:

Post a Comment